Thursday, December 16, 2010

D Day.

Or Q day, as it were. Q as in Quit. Not sure if they covered that one on Sesame Street, but they should have because I could have used a step by step guide.



My friend Dani, who is in sales, offered me free quitting consultations where she indicated "less is more" and emphasized "the silent close". Which, loosely translated is (with the grain of salt that is my mind), "I've received a better offer, I'm giving you 3 weeks notice, and am happy to answer any questions you may have if you put them in writing." Scene.

I said loosely.

It was good to go in with this in the back of my mind because it kept me from jabbering, or revealing too much - for the most part. I mean who is worried about their bosses feelings? While they're quitting?

The conversation was followed up by a dot-pointed e-mail from my boss outlining the reasons I shouldn't leave. Awkward.

So in the new year I'll be back in the non-profit world which is really exciting. Yet another transition! Keep 'em coming I guess.

In other holiday news - my sisters and I recorded a Christmas album for my parents containing such smash hits as "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" and "Walkin' Round In Women's Underwear". It's a sad attempt for the most part, but the super raw/uncut version contains snippets of Jessica clearing her throat, me telling her to shut up, and Stephanie smashing peppermint in the background. Even GarageBand and autotune couldn't help us. I'll see if I can post something so you can get a taste of what it's like to be our parents. They were SO proud.

1 comment:

  1. SO PROUD is an understatement!!! We want to be your managers now ans hit the recording studio's, "YALL CLEARLY HAVE BEEN HOLDING OUT OF US!" Koffler Trio? "Band name?" Thank you for making this one of the best holidays to date. It was a lot of fun and you were a big help, I am looking forward to my CD loaded with the "Koffler Trio" holiday music. Love you

    ReplyDelete